Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ok, my new favorite article on the internet.... pls read

So for most of my parenting career I've always believed that if you expose a kid to good ol' dirt he or she will develop the necessary immunities that will help keep the kid healthy. I've always believed that if you insist on keeping children away from every unclean thing in this world they will probably get sick alot more... This article comfirms my hypothosis and I would like all viewers of this blog who have kids to please read this outstanding article....
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/27/health/27brod.html?partner=permalink&exprod=permalink

Thank you.

Shaun.

4 comments:

Julie Young said...

I'm with you Shaun. I think dirt and germs are good for kids. I remember Vince sipping water from tbe basement floor when the freezer was leaking and if that didn't make him sick...wow. He must have a very strong immune system.

Beth said...

Did you post that article for me??? I want you to know that Lincoln loves to eat disgusting, brown, nasty snow off my rug:)! Hopefully the germs in that can help the poor kid's immune system!!

PamNoyes said...

I'm with you too. I do draw the line at poo. A girl's gotta have her standards. ;)

Crunchy Momma said...

Hi! I was looking for that article and your blog came up. Thank you! I could not find the link anywhere and I needed it to show my MIL. I hope that you do not mind me following your blog. You look like you have a lot of fun with your family and I am a mom too.
Best,
Laurel